The first thing comes with a gun is the moral responsibility of keeping it safely locked in somewhere. Of course this somewhere has to be a handy place and you need to have a best gun safe, which can keep one or more firearms in safe. It does not demand a large heavy wooden cabinet but instead a small and compact container can take care of all that. It can ensure that you keep it out of reach of children and at the same time can access your gun easily during an emergency. You are free to take your pick as per your convenience. This is more or less one of those portable gun safe reviews that can serve as a gun safe buying guide that you may read and get a fair idea.
Reasons You Need A Gun Safe
Okay so you have a gun, why display it? The idea behind keeping a gun is all about making it safe and the one lying unprotected needs much of your attention. Imagine if you have kids, guests or house staff at home, wouldn’t your gun be a concern if you don’t keep it locked somewhere safe? The answer is quite is obvious, yes it will which means you need a hidden gun safe for sure. Below is a list of reasons why would you need one that will make things more lucid:
- Legal Requirement – Ever since the year 1989 numerous laws that require you to keep your firearm locked safely away from the reach of children. Yes there are Child Access Prevention Laws that certainly lay emphasis on the need to keep guns protected in places that children cannot access. Again some states emphasize that you need to keep your gun locked safely even if you don’t have a child at home. In fact this law makes sure that all the firearms are locked safely and kept somewhere safe. Additionally if you want to save yourself from a lawsuit and the wrath of lawyers then it is wise to invest in a gun safe without a second thought.
- Children – Research has revealed that keeping guns unsafely at home result in accidents. Especially if you have kids at home, then it is highly recommended that you buy a portable gun safe at once. This will keep it hidden from the little prying eyes and will not foster any kind of curiosity in regards to it. Out of sight is out of mind for them and it is better to keep it out of their sight for good. You have invested in a gun for your safety and not for inviting more trouble. The point is you should be sensible and take the right call.
- Theft – This part has to be explained like this that getting a gun safe is not enough but ensuring that your gun is really safe is the most important part. Imagine a souvenir like that World War I pistol your grandfather may have handed you down, needs special safety. This indicates that buying a it with electronic lock or a used gun safe can be of great value.
- Fires – Purchasing a small fireproof safe can be a good idea as this can preserve your gun from fire. In some cases a fire resistant gun safe can put up a fight against fire of 1800 degrees F for an hour! Now this could be one good reason why you would need a gun safe. That is a lifeline to keep your firearm safe by hook or crook. These are portable storages that make sure that your gun remains safely locked inside until the time you want to take them out.
- Floods – Another factor that should be taken care is that the best gun safe for the money will be flood resistant. Why so? This is because floods can cause a lot of damage to your gun. The water can make your gun corrode easily, distort it, may cause rusting and even take the finish off. Either ways your gun will be damaged permanently and may not be of much use. Even if you live in a place that does not have this issue, you should still buy the perfect that can protect your gun from all such hazards without much of a problem.
Infographic Chidren And Gun Safety
Types of Gun Safe
A gun safe is a storage device that is used to store guns in a secured way. There are quite a few varieties of this case that are readily available in the market. Starting from electronic gun safe to the traditional wheel and pin combination lock gun safes the market is brimming with variants that you can choose from. The listing below will help you understand about the different types of it in short:
- Electronic gun safe – A secured way of keeping your gun actually safe in an enclosure that runs on battery or electricity. An electronic keypad keeps it extra safe with 4, 5 or even 6 coded numbers which makes it difficult to pry on. However if you share the code with unknown people they can get easy access to it.
- Biometric gun safes – These can lock and open based on fingerprints identification. These are designed in a high tech manner which is why cost more than the ordinary ones and are equipped with anti-drilling steel plating that can prevent unauthorized access. The only problem with low quality biometric gun safes is that they have a high rejection rate and can at times refuse access to the user as well.
- Vehicle gun safe – A gun has to be stored safely in a vehicle as much as the house. This is why vehicle gun safes have come into the picture that are durable, unbreakable and have a locked casing.
- Wheel and pin combination – Remember the ones we see in retro movies, yes this is a conventional gun safe that can be operated with a combination of usually 3 numbers. These are fire and flood resistant which is the reason why they still have a market. The problem with these safes is that the number dial may skip numbers many a time.
- Key lock gun safe – These are simple to use lock and key gun safes that can operate unperturbedly. Better quality ones can resist natural calamities like flood and fire. The problem arises when you misplace the key but a call to a locksmith can take care of that within minutes.
- Multiple lock gun safe – These are used for additional security purposes with a combination of locking systems like a digital keypad with biometric one. It may look difficult to some but you get a hand of it, things will certainly turn out to be different.
Best Fingerprint And Biometric Gun Safe Review
Based on these locks we have enlisted a few gun safes that you may need to know a little more about. Most of these products belong to the bestseller category and you are more than to have a look at these:
#1Gunvault SpeedVault SV500 hidden gun safe
Like any good gun safe pistol holder Gunvault SpeedVault SV500 is a quick access device. SpeedVault has been designing innovative gun safes for quite some time now and this one is no exception to that. This is a combination lock guns safe that can make things complicated for the one who tries to force open it. The biggest advantage of this type of product is that it comes with fair price and has both options as compact and biometric as well. It’s discrete design and affordability in terms of positioning is unmatched. Its lightweight design also makes it handy and can be placed safely at your will. Foam interior gives the gun a perfect cushioning which keep it away from any damage. Override key gives it a extra powerful in terms of security. The only problem it carries is that many have complained against the noisy locking and unlocking system as this is the most common trouble to be found.
- Discreet design
- Fairly priced
- Sturdy construction
- Based on an 18 gauged steel construction
- Foam interior gives perfect cushioning
- Can be mounting and comes with all the hardware needed
- Override key
Many have complained against the noisy locking and unlocking system as this is the most common trouble to be found.
#2The GunBox Biometric Hand Gun Safe
A well known biometric gun safe from the house of The GunBox that has looks to die for. Its originated in USA with multiple facilities. It is sleek in design and gives quick access to your firearm in times of need. Beside the 360 degrees scanner to scan fingerprints it also comes with unique RFID wristband, ring or stickers to make it more easy and protective access with alarm. At the same it keeps the gun hidden in it from children, pets and unauthorized people. High durability and vibration sensor with an alarm which is quite audible, also can be used in a car, RV and home. Yu can travel with safely as its approved by TSA/FAA. The only problem is that it comes with a very small space in terms of weight and little bigger size could have been much more in demand.
- Stupendously good looking
- 360 degrees scanner to scan fingerprints
- Highly durable
- Vibration sensor with an alarm that is quite audible
- Can be used in a car, RV and home
- You can travel with safely as its approved by TSA/FAA
Most people want it spacious enough to be able to hold at least 2 guns.
#3Sentry Safe Biometric Quick Access Pistol Gun Safe For Car
This one rightly fits the bill of best gun safe under 300 that is very much an admired gun safe. This is a biometric gun vault that created quite a stir in the market with its user friendliness. Here are few things that are significant its features like Quick fingerprint access, one hand operation, built with a 12 gauge steel construction, Its gas strut compression helps it operate in a soundless way, Is pry resistant. Many people thinks that as it’s designed it can be easily crushable but a 12 gauge steel its being impossible to break it. This comes little heavier compared to others so not fully handy for a quick travel. From the security point of view its unmatched within this budget.
- Quick fingerprint access
- One hand operation
- Built with a 12 gauge steel construction
- Its gas strut compression helps it operate in a soundless way
- Is pry resistant
Some want it to be more reliable as they think it is easily crushable but a 12 gauge steel is not that easy to crush for sure.
#4 BARSKA Biometric Small Gun Safe
By far the best gun safe under 500 and one that is really liked by many. It has a range of customers who have fallen for its compact size and easy to use biometric pad. This fingerprint pad can store up to 30 fingerprints and the box can additionally keep valuables like jewelry and documents along with a gun. Talking about the qualities brings us to discuss more about them in short like, two point dead bolt locking system built by solid steel guarantees security, Spacious enough to put few extra important along with your gun, Extremely sturdy, Weighs 31 lbs, Battery operated, Comes with a limited 1 year warranty. Most people would complain against it stating it to be heavy in weight and quite time consuming in opening and closing things which must be little friendlier.
- Steel built
- Spacious enough
- Extremely sturdy
- Weighs 31 lbs
- Battery operated
- Comes with a limited 1 year warranty
Most people would complain against it stating it to be heavy in weight.
#5 BARSKA Top Opening Biometric Fingerprint Safe
A famous gun safe storage that has a top biometric opening with spacious storage is the center of attraction for many. Moreover the brand Barska is a leading manufacturer of sport optics. They have designed this present gun safe with the same precision that goes into their world class products, let us find out some more about it. This Battery operated biometric safe weigh 21 lbs and having a strong steel body gives it an extra edge in terms of security. It’s easy to maintain and comes with 1 year of warranty. Mostly people complain about it being too much sensitive to touch. Some have found the hinges to be little dicey, otherwise the product does not have much of a problem. Best in Category: From the above mentioned small size affordable gun safe GunBox Biometric hand Gun Safe is quite outstanding in terms of budget, quality, technology, and most importantly its approved by FAA and usability is higher.
- Battery operated biometric safe
- Steel built
- Weigh 21 lbs
- Comes with 1 year limited warranty
- Easy to maintain
Mostly people complain about it being too much sensitive to touch. Some have found the hinges to be little dicey, otherwise the product does not have much of a problem.
Best Small Fireproof Gun Safes For Sale
Investing in a fireproof gun safe could save you a lot of trouble and here are a few of them in short:
#1 First Alert 2092DF Waterproof 1-Hour Fire Safe with Digital Lock
This is cube shaped storage with enormous space that can keep your gun in a secured way along some more valuables. Like any other First Alert product this one has its set of few features that make it worth an investment. It measures 1.31 cubic feet and comes with digital keypad with an emergency override key. The biggest advantage of this it can resist up to 1700 degree F while the interior temperature will be less than 350 degree. It comes with grey metallic color and is highly pry resistant. You can stay calm for long time as it comes with 5 years of manufacturing warranty which makes it special from others. What has been observed is that people are unhappy with the user manual that comes with limited instructions.
- Measures 1.31 Cubic Feet
- Digital keypad that has an emergency override key
- Is highly pry resistant
- Comes in grey color
- Weighs 93 pounds
- Can resist rise in temperature up to 1700 degrees F
- While the interior temperature will be less than 350 degrees
- Expect a 5 year limited warranty from the manufacturer
What has been observed is that people are unhappy with the user manual that comes with limited instructions.
#2 Stack On Personal Safe with Electronic Lock
This is a great safe that can serve as the best gun safe for the money and also keep your other valuables intact in case of a major fire breakout. It has good number of features that make it a good buy. Elegant black color makes it outstanding from looks point of view. It comes with pry resistant as it allows only 3 chances to key in the right combination at one go. Foam padding inside makes things safe in any condition and protects it from any accident. This is extremely durable and has adjustable shelves. The good things about is that it maintains California-approved security standards. Low battery indication makes things easier to take a note of it. The only problem seems to be with the motor locking which makes a cranking noise while operating.
- Elegant black color
- Pry resistant as it allows only 3 chances to key in the right combination at one go
- Foam padding inside
- Is durable enough
- Shelves are adjustable
- Maintains California-approved security standards
- Has low battery warning
The only problem seems to be with the motor locking which makes a cranking noise while operating.
#3 First Alert 2054F 1 Hour Steel Fire Safe with Combination Lock
First Alert is a major manufacturer of safes and this steel grey beauty matches its standards of heavy steel body that can fight flood and fire with iron hands. With a 5 year warranty this safe can be used as a gun safe pistol holder because of some outstanding features. It comes with fireproof, theft proof and flood proof which ensure your locked product to stay intact at any condition. This can easily bear fire up to 1700 degree F. UL- and ETL-certification makes it more demanding. With weight near 56 lbs and 0.80 cubic foot in size makes it easier to access and become even more secured with dual lock combination. Most users complain about the fact that they have to use combination of locking system instead of being able to select one.
- Fireproof, theft proof and flood proof
- Can withstand fire up to 1700 degrees F
- Is UL- and ETL-certified
- Dual lock combination
- Weighs 56 pounds
- Measures 0.80 Cubic Foot in size
Most users complain about the fact that they have to use combination of locking system instead of being able to select one.
#4 SentrySafe SFW123CS 1.2 Combination Fire Resistant Big Bolt Safe
SentrySafe has been a well known name as a protective safe designer that can hold the guard in case of fire, flood or burglary for years now. Let us find out some of its features which rewarded it as one of the best gun safe under 500 in discussion. It comes with little more spaces compared to others with 1.2 cubic feet and carries a safe combination style to be more secured. This is absolutely pry resistant and come with advanced UL approved product which can resist fire up to 1700 degree F. Another advantage of this product is that its TL verified that means it can protect DVDs and CDs with 1 hour of fire. ETL verified shows that it can resist water up to 24 hours and content can remain undamaged with impact. Most users complain about it being too heavy that may be a concern during an emergency but bigger and safer things will be little heavier off course.
- Measures 1.2-cubic feet
- Combination safe
- Pry resistant
- Advanced UL approved that can resist fire up to 1700 degrees F
- TL verified that means can protect DVDs and CDs with 1 hour of fire
- ETL verified shows that it can resist water up to 24 hours and content can remain undamaged with impact
Most users complain about it being too heavy that may be a concern during an emergency.
#5 BARSKA Large Biometric Safe
This safe weighs about 48.5 pounds and has a one year warranty that is a product of the world leader sports optics company called Barska. It has some great features that can turn your head. Steel built body makes it strong and can support 120 fingerprints and store accordingly. It demands very low maintenance and work very silently which makes it different from others. This product use a very high end security technology and runs on 4-AA batteries to stay active for longer time. Users complain about this being big and heavy, but normally things can’t be adjustable due to its demands and may come with a customizable size in future. But this is quite reasonable in terms of medium size range of protective gun safe from any external attack.
- Steel built
- Can support 120 fingerprints
- Low maintenance
- High technology in use
- Silent operation
- Runs on 4-AA batteries
Users complain about this being big and heavy.
Best Large Gun Safes Review
This may look like those long gun safe reviews that pitch you products but in reality we are just providing information about the best ones that are readily available in the market.
#1 Mesa Safe Company MBF6032E 14.4 Cubic Foot 30 Rifle Gun Safe with Digital Lock
The MBF series by Mesa Safe’s is well known for its sturdiness and compliance with laws integral to gun safes. Here are few of the features that make it worth to use. Beautifully decorated brass handle always keeps it in high demanding product. Steel construction with 1 1/2-Inches thickness makes it quite competitive to other product in terms of solidity. This battery operated gun safe weighs only 650 lbs and it has around 1 hour of fire resistance up to 1750 degree F. Interior shelves are adjustable and carry drill protected hardplate. 4 anchor holes keep secured to the floor. People complain against the safe’s locking mechanism that depends on handling and not fully compatible with respect to the weight of the product.
- Beautifully decorated brass handle
- Steel construction with 1 1/2-Inches thickness
- Battery operated
- Weighs 650 lbs
- 1 hour fire resistance up to 1750 degrees F
- 4 anchor holes keep secured to the floor
- Drill protected hardplate
- Interior shelves are adjustable
People complain against the safe’s locking mechanism that depends on handling.
#2 Stack-On TD14-28-SB-E-S Fire Resistant Waterproof Fully Convertible Total Defense Safe with Electronic Lock, 28 Guns
With an average battery life of 200 hours this Stack-On TD14-28-SB-E-S Fire Resistant is the perfect solution for many gun owners. Twin colors make it look good in black and steel grey. Its fireproof system is quite competitive and can fight fire for 75 minutes, also can resist up to 1400 degrees F. This can resist water up to 2 feet for 72 hours. The big advantage of this safe is it can hold 28 shotguns or rifles and 14 firearms in total. Electronic locking system makes it tougher to break the code but somebody has something else against this locking system as well.
- Twin color make it look good in black and steel grey
- Can fight fire for 75 minutes
- It can resist up to 1400 degrees F
- Can resist water up to 2 feet for 72 hours
- Works with electronic lock
- Safe can hold 28 shotguns or rifles and 14 firearms in total
Users complain about its locking mechanism mostly that has made things worked up.
#3 Blue Dot Safes Second Amendment Fire-Resistant Gun Safe, 59x36x25-Inch
This 650 pounds safe is a good deal for all those looking for holding a lot of guns. Blue Dot Safes known for their quality of protection and attractiveness. This can hold 30 rifles with 8 gun holsters and 5 ammo pouches, meets DOJ specifications and can fight fire up to 1750 degrees F, 5/16 inches thick lock that is drill resistant, scratch resistant black coating. The plastic coating around the keypad is a big concern as it does not look good with the whole package.
- Can hold 30 rifles with 8 gun holsters and 5 ammo pouches
- Meets DOJ specifications and can fight fire up to 1750 degrees F
- 5/16 inches thick lock that is drill resistant
- Scratch resistant black coating
The plastic coating around the keypad is a big concern as it does not look good with the whole package.
#4 Cannon Safe CA33 Cannon Series Deluxe Fire Safe, Hammer-Tone Black
This canonsafe is an expensive safe that comes with its brownie points and quite exemplarily for other gun safe. It can hold up to 36 guns, Steel built, very durable, It is ETL Verified which is 1200 degrees F with 30 minutes fire protection, commercial graded Type 1 UL electronic lock, internal supply of power. At the maximum people have complained about its interior that is covered with a felt or carpet kind of material. This is quite heavy around 730 Lbs. The biggest plus point is it’s lifetime warranty over 25 years of safe usage. So people can be more assured over the product quality and all.
- It can hold up to 36 guns
- Steel built
- Very durable
- It is ETL Verified which is 1200 degrees F with 30 minutes fire protection
- Commercial graded Type 1 UL electronic lock
- Internal supply of power
At the maximum people have complained about its interior that is covered with a felt or carpet kind of material.
#5 Steelwater Heavy Duty 20 Long Gun Fire Protection for 45 Minutes AMSW592818-blk
A breathtakingly beautiful gun safe is available in stylish black color. It can protect 45 minutes of fire and can resist up to 1550 degrees F, Has space for 20 long guns, 1/4 inch steel body, 12 Gauge steel construction, Completely upholstered interior in grey. The problem lies with its weight which means it is very heavy to move around.
- Can protect 45 minutes of fire and can resist up to 1550 degrees F
- Has space for 20 long guns
- 1/4 inch steel body
- 12 Gauge steel construction
- Completely upholstered interior in grey
The problem lies with its weight which means it is very heavy to move around.
What makes a good gun safe?
There are many things that make a gun safe good like its ability to resist fire, water and other such natural calamities. It should also follow certain legal parameters like:
UL RSC (Residential Security Container)
Some gun safes in U.S. are tested by Underwriters Laboratories (UL).The UL certification for safes is specified in standard UL 1037 as Residential Security Container (RSC). RSC certification requires the safe to resist for 5 minutes expert attack using tools such as screwdrivers, adjustable wrenches and bars.
UL Fireproof Classification
Fire proof gun safe have an UL classification which states that depending on the built of the safe the inside should not get warmer than a certain temperature during a certain period of time. The common rating is that the temperature should not rise above 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 to 2 hours.
California Department of Justice (DOJ) Regulatory Gun Safe Standards
Manufacturers of gun safes have to abide by certain safety standards set by California Department of Justice (D.O.J.) before making these structures. These standards in brief are like full containment of the fire arm in the safe, a mechanical or an electronic locking device, repeated use of the safe ,bolts and hinges for the door specifications to name a few. Hence all the above standards and specifications should be taken into account before buying a good gun safe.
How to Choose The Best Gun Safe?
You may find a lot of gun safes available in market that are either made of thin metal and or strap leather which are not at all recommended as they may not keep your gun safely. Many of them are low quality as they are simply made of only thin metal cabinets. Most of them are not even fire proof nor do they come with a burglary protection system. So in order to know your gun safe thoroughly before buying, feel free to read this:
Purpose to use
A gun safe is supposed to be a protective storage container to keep fire arms or ammunition in secured manner. A single or a number of fire arms can be stored in the safe as per your requirement. Gun safes are primarily used to keep guns safely and to prevent access to unauthorized people not qualified to handle such guns. These safes also protect ammunition from getting damaged and wasted in case of a flood, fire or any other natural disaster that may cause wide scale disturbance.
The safety and security becomes two of the most important decisive factors for a person who possesses of firearms. If they are responsible enough then the next question that they ask is how to keep their precious weapon safely. A lot of gun safes are available in traditional market as well as on online stores at various prices. You can always come across alluring discounted gun safes for sale at online merchants and buy your favorite according to your budget. Yes always keep a budget while buying. As for the features that you should look for are like quick access, security, storage space and price should be taken into account before making the purchase. For example a biometric safe is considered to be one of the best gun safe pistol storage among the others. However you need to focus on the ones that do not burn a hole in the pocket.
As it has been already explained by now you must be aware about the fact that is a variety of lock mechanisms operating. It is quite evident that prices of gun safes depend on these mechanisms only. For example it is very apparent that a key lock gun safe will not be as expensive as biometric gun safe. The reason lies in the use technology that marks the difference which is understandable to some extent. A biometric lock will make use of fingerprints to open whereas a lock and key will open with a simple key. Again an electronic will operate based on a digital keypad and wheel and pin will work with a combination of numbers. On the other hand multiple lock gun safes would mean a permutation of two different locking systems which means they provide maximum protection.
Smart guns can distinguish between authorized users and unauthorized users in a number of ways. The same can be said of gun safes as the safety features in these safes restrict misuse or accidental use of the storage ammo inside it. So the safety measures inbuilt with the safes have the features that are related to its safe storage. First of all let us talk about fingerprint recognition, or inbuilt magnetic rings or mechanical locks. An error in input of password for more than once or manipulated fingerprint recognition may restrict the user to open the safe and can activate an alarm system for a forced and forged entry thus alarming the owners. In the same way electronic gun safes also work in a way that can raise an alarm any time in case of fidgeted with.
Gun safes that are made of wood serve primarily for a decorative purpose in well decorated houses. Guns used to be kept on display in gun cabinets, which is now a scenario from the past. Most of the countries have written down specifications to be followed in and issued circulars to gun owners regarding the safe keeping of their gun. For example some countries ask owners to invest in fire resistant gun safe that is made up of structural steel or alloy to withstand heat during a fire breakout. The safe should be able to resist rise in temperature of the surrounding boundaries for a while at least without causing any damage. All this has been specifically laid down into gun laws that you need to follow even before you buy a gun, let alone a gun safe.
As far as waterproofing is concerned you need to ensure that your gun is kept in a safe that is waterproof. Guns can be damaged easily with water and excess of water can make them corrode easily. This means your gun will be damaged forever as you cannot save it from rusting and getting distorted. There should be no ingress of water inside the casing in case of flood or flood like situation as the water seepage inside the safe will surely damage the guns and cartridges. Water will seep through to the ammunitions and render them ineffective or failure of electronic devices incorporated within the safe. In order to save your gun from flood and other such natural calamity, you need to check on waterproofing of the casing as a must.
Manufacturer and Brand
While buying a gun safe make sure that you read at least one best small gun safe review for good. You will find all these reviews talk about one thing in common that is to invest in quality ones. This means make a list of manufacturers and brands that are considered the best in your country or region. This would mean reading newspapers, magazines and following forum discussions for more. This will certainly help you decide what is best for you for sure.
Design and Aesthetics
If you are the one who has a lot of understanding about the design and aesthetics of a gun safe, then you need to research a little about the ones that satisfy your thirst. Not all would appeal but you need to refine a few with the features you would like to see in it as per your taste.
Where to buy for Cheap Gun Safe?
You are more than free to buy the best gun portable safe from anywhere. Be it a traditional shop or an online merchant, you can take that call as per your requirement. Yes but procuring it from an online merchant would mean untimely discounts and you may find a lot more on used gun gun safe for sale for sure. This is because you get to order from the comfort of your home of office with a simple click and without having to step out. Another point that should be mentioned here is that of products will delivered to your doorstep which means that you can save on a lot on transportation and gas. In addition to all this unlike a traditional shop, you can compare different products and shop around for some time before you finally buy the product. What more do you want? Well there is one more factor which is the annoying salesman who keeps on pestering you with the product that brings them a hefty a commission. They seldom think about your requirement and pitch you products that suit them best. Buying online means you find a way that provides value for money in all the possible ways.
Tips for using gun safe
A gun safe in common words is a storage container where guns can be kept safely. The locking systems of small gun safes vary that have been verily explained earlier. Some tips to handle the safe safely are as follows.
- Periodic checks needs to be carried out by an expert and competent authority
- General sight check of the container like the lock or body not tampered
- If the lock has a password then the password can be changed as per the uses frequency
- A provision to remember the code or password by any other means in case the user forgets
- Sight check that the fire arm is fully stored in the container without any gap and reach out of children
Gun safe frequently asked questions
Q.1. How much will a good gun safe cost
Ans. It varies in between $70 to $2000. Depending on your requirement you can choose it.
Q.2. Which safe is best and easy to operate?
Ans. Best would be biometric gun safes however the simple manual ones are easy to use.
Q.3. Which locking system to choose?
Ans. You can choose from biometric, manual, lock and key, pin and wheel to combination ones. You are more than free to make a choice based on your requirement and budget of course.
Q.4. Will the manufacturer provide help if there is a malfunction of the equipment or the system?
Ans. It is best to get in touch with the manufacturer for this.
Q.5. Which safe to choose for home use to keep firearms away from children?
Ans. You can opt for a biometric gun safe or a combination gun safe if you are concerned with the safety of your children.
Q.6. Is the safe meeting the criteria and specification of the classified society standards?
Ans. Yes it would be wise to find out about that and then invest in it.
All this discussion was made to help you understand what is a gun safe, what are its benefits and how can you put to it use for best results. Hope we have answered all the questions in regards to gun safe buying guide by now. The only thing that is expected out of you is sensibility as a gun owner. Keep it safe and locked in a secured manner to ward off unwanted trouble. Find the one of your choice and you can even look for gun safes for sale that may sweeten the deal for you. Don’t shy away and do take care of your gun in a proper way. So go ahead and make that smart choice by exploring a little more if you want.